PLEASANT VIEW GRANGE #164
ISABELLE ROAD and 95th STREET
Today’s Date _______________________
This Rental Agreement is made between Pleasant View Grange #164, Incorporated, referred to herein as “Grange” or “Grange Hall” or “Owner”, and
Name (print) _____________________________________________________
(Renter must be at least 21 years of age.)
Phone #____________________________________________ (Cell) (Home)
Email address _____________________________________________________
Photo ID Type & # _________________________________________________
Owner agrees to rent the Grange Hall building, its facilities and contents (excepting those specific to the Grange), for the period of:
Beginning of Rental Period (including set up) _____________am/pm
End of Rental Period (including cleanup and vacating) ____________am/pm
Number of Hours Rented___________________
RENT AND DEPOSIT AMOUNT
Based on above rental period, Renter agrees to pay $___________ as RENT, plus $_________ as damage, cleaning, key, and adherence-to-rules DEPOSIT subject to retention by the owner or refund to the renter as provided in paragraph below, and under the Pleasant View Grange #164 rules stated in Exhibit A, included and attached herewith.
PURPOSE OF RENTAL
The Grange Hall shall be used by Renter solely for the purpose of : _____________________________________________________________________
and Renter shall not use or allow to be used for any other purpose, or in violation of any law, ordinance, or government regulation, or for any other purpose or in any manner hazardous to the Grange Hall or unsafe to any occupants. Renter also agrees to abide by all rules listed on the following page and in Exhibit A.
Page 1of 6
RENTERS LIABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Renter acknowledges that renter has examined the Grange Hall and premises, is satisfied with the condition thereof and relies completely upon such examination, and not upon any representation or promise of the Owner or any other person in renting the Grange Hall.
- Renter shall be responsible for all bodily injury, property damage, or other liability occurring or resulting from the distribution, service or consumption of any alcoholic beverage in the Grange Hall or on its premises during the rental period. Renter shall be solely responsible for the supervision, training, and monitoring of anyone who serves or furnishes alcohol in the Grange Hall or on its premises during the rental period. By signing this agreement, Renter acknowledges that alcohol cannot legally be sold at the Grange Hall and will abide by the law.
- Renter shall maintain order throughout the rental period, and shall not engage in, or allow others to engage in any event or conduct in the Grange Hall or on its premises, which may cause harm, injury or damage to person or property during the rental period.
- Renter shall secure from the public agencies having jurisdiction, any license or permit required as to any activity or purpose for which the Grange Hall or its premises are to be used, and shall pay any cost or fee required for such license or permit.
- Upon expiration of the rental period, Renter shall return the Grange Hall and its premises to Owner in the same condition as at the commencement of the rental period, abiding by the rental rules and completing and abiding by the cleaning requirements listed in Exhibit A attached herewith, and shall return any keys to the Grange Hall. Renter also agrees to NOT copy any keys temporarily given to them.
- If use of the Grange Hall by Renter results in damage to the Grange Hall, its premises, or any contents furnished by the Owner, the Renter shall be liable to the Owner for the amount of such damage. The Owner shall apply the damage deposit referred to in paragraph above, up to the amount of such damage. If the amount of damage exceeds the amount of the damage deposit, the Renter shall pay the Owner the amount of such excess promptly upon demand by Owner. If Renter fails to pay such excess amount when so demanded, and Owner brings suit against Renter to recover same, Owner shall be entitled to be awarded costs and reasonable attorney fees in addition to any amount awarded Owner by the Court for damage. However, Owner shall return to Renter any portion of the damage deposit which is in excess of damage, if any, to the Grange Hall or its premises, or any contents furnished by the Owner, within ___ days of the Event.
- The Grange shall not be liable for any damage or injury to Renter, its agents, employees, guests or invitees, or any other person, or to any property of such persons occurring on the Premises, or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof. The Renter accepts the leased premises in the “as is condition” and shall not hold the Grange liable for any disruption of use or termination of use caused by the condition of the Premises, ongoing construction, use restrictions or governmental regulations. The Renter shall not hold the Owner liable for any injury or damage resulting from any condition including worn or defective floors, wiring, or by the breaking, freezing or stoppage of the gas or plumbing; furthermore, Renter agrees to assume the risk of injury to himself and his agents, employees, guests or invitees arising from slipping or falling in the common passageways, parking lot or other general areas, whether or not these areas are kept free of snow, ice and water. The Renter agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner harmless for against any and all liability, arising from injury during the term of this lease to person or property, occasioned wholly or in part by any act or omission of the Renter or Renter’s agents, employees, guests or invitees.
- In Owner’s sole discretion, Owner may require a properly executed Certificate of Liability Insurance on which the Owner has been named as the Certificate Holder, and as an Additional Insured, OR shall be named on the Renter’s liability insurance policy as an Additional Insured for liability arising out of the use of the Grange Hall by the Renter for the duration of the rental period.
Page 2 of 6
MUSIC /ENTERTAINMENT DISCLOSURE
Type and source of music or entertainment that you will have at your event:
MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT LIMITATION _____________(Renter’s initials)
NOISE NUISANCE TO NEIGHBORS NOT ALLOWED:
Sound from Music/Entertainment shall not be audible beyond property boundaries (parking lots & fence lines) Violation of this limitation will result in loss of some or all of damage deposit.
LIMITACIONES EN MÚSICA Y ENTRETENIMIENTO__________(iniciales del inquilino)
MOLESTAR A LOS VECINOS CONRUIDO NO ESTÁ PERMITIDO:
El sonido de la música y el entretenimiento no deberá ser escuchable más allá de los límites de la propiedad (estacionamiento y línea de cerca) La violación de esta limitación resultará en la pérdida parcial o completa del depósito para daños
I understand that if the county sheriff or other police officer has to be summoned to my event, I will forfeit my entire security deposit and the Owner may elect to end my event immediately.
NOTICE: This is a binding contract that has important legal consequences. By signing below, Renter represents that Renter understands and agrees to the terms of this Rental Agreement. Further, if English is not Renter’s primary language, by signing below, Renter represents that Renter has had the Rental Agreement translated to Renter’s native language, understands its terms, and agrees to be bound by the terms of this Rental Agreement.
The above Notice translated to Spanish / El Aviso anterior traducido al Español:
AVISO: El presente es un contrato con carácter vinculante que cuenta con consecuencias legales importantes. Al firmar abajo, el Arrendatario declara y reconoce que entiende y acepta los términos y las condiciones de este Contrato de Arrendamiento. Además, si el inglés no es el idioma primario del Arrendatario, al firmar abajo, el Arrendatario acepta y reconoce que el Arrendatario ha contado con el Contrato de Arrendamiento traducido al idioma nativo del Arrendatario, que entiende sus términos y condiciones, y que se compromete a obligarse a los términos y condiciones del presente Contrato de Arrendamiento.
Page 3 of 6
SPECIAL PROVISIONS (IF ANY)
This document, including Exhibit A attached herewith, contains the entire agreement and understanding between the parties relating to the Grange Hall and its premises. No modification or claimed waiver made after the date of this agreement shall be binding upon the parties unless in writing making specific reference to this agreement and signed by the Owner and Renter. This agreement is not assignable by Renter unless approved by Owner in writing, which approval may be withheld in Owner’s sole, subjective discretion.
Rent Received $____________date_____________ by___________________________
Deposit Received $____________date______________
Key given by__________________
Deposit Returned $___________date_______________
Key returned __________by______________________________
Please report any problems to Grange contact:
Dan Gould, 720-771-2744
Page 4 of 6
Pleasant View Grange #164 Rental Rules
- The Renter must be on the Grange premises during the entire event.
- Unheeded warning from Grange representative to reduce noise will result in a report to the sheriff, immediate shut down of the event and the forfeit of the entire deposit.
- All event activities, noise and music will stop at or before 9 PM.
- All event participants must leave not later than by 11PM.
- Number of guests shall not exceed 125 in main hall.
- Children must be supervised inside and outside and the rules followed at all times. No rock throwing, bottle throwing, littering, damaging the flower beds or annoying the neighbors.
- No smoking or vaporizing of any substances inside the Grange Hall.
- No Drugs allowed, including marijuana, even if Renter or Renter’s agents, employees, guests or invitees are permitted to use recreational or medical marijuana legally under Colorado law.
- No gum allowed inside the Grange Hall.
- Do not play car radios in parking lot.
- No open fire on the Grange property.
- No camping or overnight stays.
- No property of the Pleasant View Grange #164 or items belonging to the Pleasant View Grange #164 should be removed or damaged.
- When leaving, the Renter must turn down heat down to 60°F, turn out lights and lock all doors.
- All cleaning must be completed by end of the rental period which is the time that all participants must vacate the Premises.
- Leave key to the Grange on the kitchen counter____________________.
Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in retention of the entire deposit.
Page 5 of 6
- Remove any event debris inside the Grange Hall, including but not limited to streamers, balloons, trash, tape on walls, signs and thumb tacks.
- Clean up all food and drink spillage.
- Return chairs and tables to their original places.
- Sweep and mop all hall floors with the designated cleaning materials provided by the Grange and in the manner explained by the Grange representative.
- Sweep and wet mop both bathroom floors with cleaning material provided.
- Clean kitchen area if used, returning it to the condition it was before using.
- Rinse wet mops thoroughly and return to storage area.
- Shake out dry mops thoroughly and return to storage area.
- Pick up and dispose of all litter on the grounds of the Grange, including but not limited to candy wrappers, bottle tops, cigarette butts, candy sticks, bottles, cans, party decorations and other trash.
- Haul away all trash and garbage and LAWFULLY dispose of it.
- $20 fee will be charged for failure to remove all trash from containers
Failure to perform any of the above cleaning will result in cleaning charges, billed at $ 100 per hour, which amount will be deducted from the security deposit or otherwise charged to Renter.
I have received this list of Rental Rules and Cleaning Instructions and I understand my obligation to follow them.
Renter Signature: ________________________________________